Health Tip: If You've Got Food Allergies-- Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Before you visit any holiday buffet, be careful if you have a food allergy.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology mentions these important recommendations:
- Ask about the ingredients in any dish before you taste it.
- Remember that any food can be cross-contaminated while being prepared alongside other dishes.
- Don't eat any food if you don't feel comfortable that it doesn't contain something to which you're allergic.
- If necessary, bring your own food to a party or eat before you leave.
- Carry an emergency epinephrine kit with you at all times.
Any medical or health information included on Pollen.com is provided by IMS Health Incorporated, a non-medical professional organization. Information from external sources included on Pollen.com, including HealthDay News, are the responsibility of the third-party provider and not of IMS Health Incorporated. HealthDay.com is Pollen.com's source for the latest allergy news.