Health Tip: Control Pet Allergies-- Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- If you have pet allergies, there are steps you can take to help control your symptoms.
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences offers these suggestions:
- Limit pets to one area of the home (preferably without carpeting or upholstered furniture), away from bedrooms.
- Give pets a bath each week.
- Wash hands and clothing after playing with your pet.
- Avoid animal waste when possible.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down surfaces frequented by pets.
Any medical or health information included on Pollen.com is provided by IMS Health Incorporated, a non-medical professional organization. Information from external sources included on Pollen.com, including HealthDay News, are the responsibility of the third-party provider and not of IMS Health Incorporated. HealthDay.com is Pollen.com's source for the latest allergy news.