Health Tip: Exercise With Allergies and Asthma-- Diana Kohnle
(HealthDay News) -- Exercise is a good idea for anyone, but it poses special challenges for people with allergies and asthma.
The American College of Sports Medicine offers these suggestions:
- Talk to an allergist before starting an exercise program.
- Take all medications for allergies and asthma as prescribed by your doctor.
- Breathe through the nose while you exercise.
- Exercise indoors when outdoor pollen counts are high. Keep windows and doors closed, and exercise on a mat instead of on carpeting.
- Keep rescue medications on hand, don't exercise if symptoms are flaring, and take extra time to warm up and cool down.
Any medical or health information included on Pollen.com is provided by IMS Health Incorporated, a non-medical professional organization. Information from external sources included on Pollen.com, including HealthDay News, are the responsibility of the third-party provider and not of IMS Health Incorporated. HealthDay.com is Pollen.com's source for the latest allergy news.