Health Tip: Reduce the Risk of Canker Sores
(HealthDay News) -- Canker sores are painful ulcers that form inside the mouth. While they're not contagious, they can impede eating and speaking.
The Cleveland Clinic offers this advice for reducing your risk of developing canker sores:
- Avoid eating acidic foods.
- Keep stress under control.
- Avoid eating foods that are very hot in temperature.
- Don't talk while you eat.
- Don't use oral hygiene products that include the ingredient sodium lauryl sulfate.
-- Diana Kohnle
Any medical or health information included on Pollen.com is provided by IMS Health Incorporated, a non-medical professional organization. Information from external sources included on Pollen.com, including HealthDay News, are the responsibility of the third-party provider and not of IMS Health Incorporated. HealthDay.com is Pollen.com's source for the latest allergy news.