Health Tip: Create an Asthma Action Plan
(HealthDay News) -- An asthma action plan is a written guide that explains how to manage your asthma, and instructions for when to call the doctor or head to the emergency room.
The American Lung Association says your asthma action plan should include:
- Basic personal information, including your name.
- Emergency contact information.
- Your health-care provider's contact information.
- Classification for your asthma's severity.
- A list of things that may trigger an asthma attack.
-- Diana Kohnle
Any medical or health information included on Pollen.com is provided by IMS Health Incorporated, a non-medical professional organization. Information from external sources included on Pollen.com, including HealthDay News, are the responsibility of the third-party provider and not of IMS Health Incorporated. HealthDay.com is Pollen.com's source for the latest allergy news.