Health Tip: Coping With Hives
(HealthDay News) -- Hives are the result of an allergic reaction. They typically go away without treatment, but can be an itchy nuisance.
The University of Maryland Medical Center suggests how to deal with hives:
- Don't let bath or shower water get too hot.
- Don't wear tightly-fitting clothing, which can irritate the skin.
- Take an antihistamine to help reduce hives and their symptoms.
- Milder cases of hives may not need any treatment.
- Severe hives may need emergency treatment with epinephrine.