Health Tip: Be Careful While Using Oxygen Therapy
(HealthDay News) -- While you're using at-home oxygen therapy, remember that you'll need to be very cautious around anything that has a flame or can ignite.
The ADAM Encyclopedia offers these safety suggestions:
Make sure there are working smoke detectors throughout your home, and keep a fire extinguisher handy.
Never smoke or allow smoking around the oxygen; stay a minimum of 6 feet from any smoker.
Keep the oxygen at least 6 feet from any fireplace, stove or electric appliance such as a hairdryer, electric toothbrush or razor, electric blanket, electric toy, space heater or electric baseboard heater.
Keep the oxygen as far away as possible from an oven or stove while cooking, and be very wary of grease splatters.
Keep the oxygen away from any flammable liquid.
Date Published: 7/15/2014 12:01:38 PM