Health Tip: At Greater Risk of Flu Complications?
(HealthDay News) -- Some people are more susceptible than others to developing complications of the flu. Experts say it's especially important that people with these risk factors speak with a doctor about getting the annual flu vaccine.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says people at greater risk of flu complications include:
- Young people aged 6 months to 19 years.
- Adults 50 and older.
- People with chronic health problems.
- Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant.
- Anyone living in a nursing home or long-term care facility.
- Health care workers in direct contact with patients.
- People who care for children younger than 6 months.