Health Tip: Mold May Make You Sick

(HealthDay News) -- Molds thrive in damp places, such as around doors and windows, and on wet carpeting.

Some people can become sick from exposure to mold, while others show little or no reaction, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.

The CDC mentions these common symptoms of mold exposure:

  • Nasal stuffiness and congestion.
  • Irritated throat.
  • Irritated eyes.
  • Wheezing or coughing.
  • Skin irritation.
  • Serious lung infections among some people with chronic lung disease.
  • Related Articles

    How the Saharan Dust Plume Could Make Your Allergies Worse

    Continue

    What to Know If You're Headed to College With Asthma or Allergies

    Continue

    Pollen Fragments Linger After Rains, Leaving Allergy Sufferers Miserable

    Continue