Health Tip: Avoid the Flu During Travel
(HealthDay News) -- Plane or bus travel is a prime way to pick up or spread the flu. But there are steps you can take to help avoid getting others sick or getting sick yourself.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions:
- Get a flu shot before you travel.
- Pack a kit of hand sanitizer, soap, tissues and pain relievers.
- Don't travel if you don't feel well or suspect you might have the flu.
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze. Use a tissue, rather than your hands.
- Wash your hands frequently with water and soap.
- Stay away from people who are sick. Try not to touch your mouth, eyes or nose.