Health Tip: Reduce the Risk of Canker Sores
(HealthDay News) -- Canker sores are painful ulcers that form inside the mouth. While they're not contagious, they can impede eating and speaking.
The Cleveland Clinic offers this advice for reducing your risk of developing canker sores:
- Avoid eating acidic foods.
- Keep stress under control.
- Avoid eating foods that are very hot in temperature.
- Don't talk while you eat.
- Don't use oral hygiene products that include the ingredient sodium lauryl sulfate.