Health Tip: Coping With Mold Allergy
(HealthDay News) -- Mold can creep into your home, causing symptoms including sneezing, coughing and watery eyes to those who are allergic.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology offers these tips for mold allergy sufferers:
- When mold counts are high, stay indoors.
- Don't rake leaves.
- Keep your distance from fields with uncut grass.
- After you've been outside, immediately shower to wash away mold spores.
- Promptly fix any water leaks to prevent mold growth. If you have mold, clean with a vinegar solution.
- Keep the humidity in your home below 60 percent.
- If your basement has carpeting, remove it in favor of a surface that doesn't retain moisture.