Health Tip: Manage Allergies in the Bedroom
(HealthDay News) -- Allergies can hurt sleep quality, so it's important to make sure your bedroom is as allergen-free as possible.
The National Sleep Foundation suggests:
- Regularly wash the blankets on your bed, and wash your pillows, too. If your pillows aren't washable, throw them in the dryer on a very hot setting.
- Wash sheets and pillowcases each week using very hot water to kill dust mites.
- Use an allergy-proof cover that completely contains your mattress and box spring.
- Use an air filter.
- Vacuum your bedroom frequently.
- Keep windows closed if outdoor allergens bother you.