Health Tip: Live Better With Asthma
(HealthDay News) -- By keeping your asthma under control and creating a plan for when attacks strike, asthma doesn't have to ruin your health.
The U.S. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute suggests:
- With help from your doctor, create an asthma action plan. It should include steps for taking medication, and what to do if symptoms worsen.
- Learn about, and avoid, asthma triggers.
- Get regular medical checkups.
- Take medication as prescribed. Practice using inhaled medication in front of your doctor, if needed.
- Record asthma symptoms and peak flow readings in a journal to share with your doctor.